- The referee will call ALL penalties.
- Referees determine incidental contact that may result from normal coarse of play.
- ALL penalties will be assessed from the line of scrimmage, EXCEPT as noted.
- Only the team captain or head coach may ask the referee questions about the rule clarification and interpretations. Players cannot question judgment calls.
- Games cannot end on a defensive penalty, UNLESS the offense declines it.
- Penalties are assessed LIVE BALL or DEAD BALL. Live ball penalties must be assessed before play is considered completed.
- Penalties will be assessed half the distance to the goal when the penalty yardage is more than half the distance.
- If an offensive penalty occurs in the “No-Run Zone”, the penalty will be enforced and the offense will still be considered in the “No-Run Zone”. Offense MUST pass.
- If offensive penalty occurs inside 2 min. before half-time or the end of the game while the clock is running and the offense doesn’t have any time-outs left, another 20 seconds will come off the clock.
ALL offensive penalties result in a loss of down.
ALL defensive penalties result in an automatic first down.